Apple Orchard, Petting Zoo, Gift Shop
At Milburn Orchards enjoy an abundance of autumn activities and fun on the farm, including hay rides, crafts, petting zoo, maze & more. Pick your own cherries, peaches, apples in season, and visit the orchard shop for jams, fruit, pumpkins, vegetables, other tasty treats, and our very favorite Milburn Orchards Apple Cider!
1495 Appleton Rd, Elkton, MD 21921, 410-398-1349. (Only 2 miles from Elk Forge Inn)
Historic Town, U of D Campus, Great Shops and Restaurants
Main Street is the heart of the nearby town of Newark, DE. A one-way street that goes right through the campus at the University of Delaware, which brings main street alive all year round. Main Street is a great place to go on an evening stroll as there are plenty of nice small restaurants and shops of all kinds to help you have a fun and interesting day. (5 Miles from Elk Forge Inn)
Mount Harmon Plantation
Historic Plantation Home, Gardens and Tour
Mount Harmon Plantation (circa 1730) is located on a magnificent scenic knoll outside Earlville overlooking creeks and inlets of the Sassafras River. Tours of the furnished Mount Harmon Plantation house, tobacco house, and plantation kitchen. Hours: Thur – Sun, 10am-3pm
Grove Neck Road and Mt. Harmon Road, Earlville, MD, 410-275-8819 (26 Miles from Elk Forge Inn)
Casino, Slot Machines, Entertainment, Gift Shop
Maryland’s first slots casino. Incredible action with 1500 of the newest machines. Don’t miss the Rodeo Drive Gift Shop or the Epic Buffet at Hollywood Casino.
1201 Chesapeake Overlook Pkwy, Perryville, MD, 410-287-2461 (18 Miles from Elk Forge Inn)
Plumpton Park Zoo
Family Zoo, Petting Zoo
Plumpton Park is a fascinating country zoo in a lovely peaceful setting. The zoo has a wide variety of exotic animals including a beautiful Siberian tiger, zebras, giraffes, donkeys, cougar, camels and more. Plumpton Park Zoo is open daily.
1416 Telegraph Rd, Rising Sun, MD, 410-658-6850 (12 Miles from Elk Forge Inn)
Milburn Stone Theater
Musicals, Ballet, Comedy Plays, Etc.
Theater, music, dance and art are proudly brought to Cecil County by the Milburn Stone Theater. The Milburn Stone Theater is the leading performing arts theater serving the northeast region of Maryland. The theater produces eight plays each season.
One Seahawk Drive, North East, MD 21901, 410-287-1037 (11 Miles from Elk Forge Inn)
- 2015 Bunbury’s Tea Events at Elk Forge Inn and Spa
- Elk Forge Dinner Events – 2015
- Oscar Wilde’s Salome: Illustrating Death And Desire – February 07 – May 10, 2015
- Coloring Outside the Lines – March 06 – March 30, 2015
- It’s a Dog’s Life – April 03 – April 30, 2015
- Milburn Stone presents “Follies” – April 17, 18, 19, 24, 25, & 26, 2015
- A Downton Abbey Tea – April 18, 1pm. Bunbury’s Tea Room at Elk Forge Inn
- Fair Hill Point – to – Point – April 19, 2015
- Downtown Elkton Classic Car Show – April 23, 2015
- Cycle for Cecil – April 25, 2015
- Earth Day 5K Walk/Run – April 25, 2015
- Chesapeake Bridal Fashion Show – April 26, 2015